Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Good Manners

Ok James did the funniest thing this afternoon, we were sitting down for lunch and at the end had some applesauce. We were both intent on eating when I turned to look at him and he spit a mouthful of applesauce in my face. He started laughing his infamous laugh, while I was furious telling him that I was going to put him in timeout next time he did that. So we both go back to eating and I finish so I turn to James to see if he is done...bad mistake! He has this evil little smile (like he has been waiting for me to turn) and before I can do anything he spits an even bigger mouthful of applesauce in my face. This time I mean business I whisk James away to his room, all while he is again histarically laughing. Once inside his room he starts crying but within 30 seconds it goes back to laughing (intermixed with a few sobs). Well whats the point of a time out if he is laughing the whole time. So I open the door trying to compose my face so it looks stern but as soon as a look at him all is lost! We both break into new fits of laughter until James is soo red in the face that he can't breath. Whew! So much for teaching my son good manners.

No comments: